Tuscany hotels provide for a great alternative to renting a self-catering property.
Although undoubtedly more expensive than other types of accommodations in Tuscany, hotels can be the perfect solution for those who:
– Do not want to be bothered with cleaning up, cooking, and tidying up
– Do not mind having little space to move around, and use their room sparingly
– Love to wake up, leave the room to tour the city or countryside, and be back for a shower and sleeping.
– Want the freedom of changing location at their will
– Do not want to pay for downpayments, or be subject to restrictive cancellation policies
– Wish to be pampered with top extra services
– Are not price sensitive
Since depending on the situation at least one of the above categories can be applied to anyone, hotels in Tuscany may be the right choice for your holidays in Italy.
Tuscany first-timers usually choose hotels, as they feel this will give them the chance to see if they like the area without the involvement a self-catering accommodation entails.
Another good reason to go for a hotel room is the least amount of responsibility involved with renting one. While other traditional short stay rentals, such as villas and apartments, can be more demanding in terms of care and management, hotel rooms bear the list burden on occupants.
Another important reason to stay in Tuscany hotels is site-hopping. To get a general feel of the entire region, many decide to spend just a day in each main locality. They start their tour from Florence hotels, then move to Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo, Livorno and other smaller but just as popular localities.
Another option is to move around in a smaller portion of territory. Some may in fact start staying in Siena, then move to Pienza, San Gimignano, Montepulciano, and Montalcino staying in charming hotels in the Tuscany countryside. This freedom would be impossible while renting a self catering property, as rentals go from a minimum of three days to a week during high season.
Tuscany City Hotels
The advantages of hotels in Tuscan cities are:
– Convenient location near museums, restaurants and transportation
– No need to rent a car
– Wide price choice
While some disadvantages are:
– Parking almost impossible or very expensive
– Often located in urban areas with no green spots available
– Rooms are often small and buildings old
Renting in the country has the following advantages:
– Rooms are larger than the average hotel
– Locations are wonderful and immersed in nature
– Plenty of attention to detail and catering a special holiday
While the disadvantages are:
– More expensive than average, tend to be boutique hotels
– Remotely located, a car is necessary, however parking is free and near the hotel
– Public transportation might not be available